Tioman Island (Malay language: Pulau Tioman) is a small island located about 56 kilometres off the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia in the state of Pahang and is hailed as one of the world’s best beach getaways. The densely forested island is sparsely inhabited, and is surrounded by numerous coral reefs, making it a popular scuba diving spot. Snorkellers can delight in swimming alongside huge Napoleon Wrasse, Golden Striped Trevally, Bumphead Parrotfish and shoals of Fusiliers.
– Go diving at one of the many dive sites dotted around the island.
– Go island-hopping to other islands within the Tioman Marine Park.
– Indulge in a host of watersports, such as boating, kayaking and windsurfing.
– Visit the charming local villages such as Salang, Tekek and Juara.
– Go jungle-trekking, mount-climbing or rock-climbing.