Saturday , 6 March 2021
Home / World / Wiley Day nearly electrocuted after falling asleep with his iPhone charging in bed

Wiley Day nearly electrocuted after falling asleep with his iPhone charging in bed

Monday, 3 April 2017

When Wiley Day fell asleep on 22 March, his iPhone was not far away. Like so many others, he had grown used to keeping his phone with him in bed, via an extension cord, as it charged overnight.

The 32-year-old Huntsville, Alabama, man would soon regret that habit.

The next morning, Day woke up and rolled over. As he did so, a dog-tag necklace that he was wearing happened to catch on the exposed prongs of the charger head, which had come loose from the extension cord. The metal chain suddenly became a conductor for the electricity – and it traveled straight to Day’s neck.

The jolt he felt was “the eeriest, darkest, most demonic thing you could ever experience. I don’t have enough adjectives to describe it.” Day said he was thrown from his bed to the ground. In a matter of moments, he stopped feeling anything.

“Your body is numb at that point,” he said. “I guess people would think it would be burning, but in my case I felt a whole lot of pressure around my neck.”

Day’s eyesight started to fade, and he felt as if he were trying to see out of a peephole, with everything rendered in black and gray, he remembered. He became acutely aware of his heartbeat, which thundered in his ear. Day remembered shouting for his relatives, who slept on the other side of the home, until his adult niece came running into the room. Somehow, he said, he managed to yank the necklace and pull it off.

“She said I kept yelling ‘Jesus!’ ” Day said, referring to his niece. “When I came to and figured out what happened, I literally stood straight up, and I said, ‘Oh my God, I think I just got electrocuted.’ ”

He rushed to see his doctor, who admitted him into a hospital immediately. Doctors determined that Day had suffered second- and third-degree burns to his hands and neck. Benjamin Fail, a Huntsville physician, told WAAY News that 100 volts of electricity can kill a person. He estimated that Day had been hit with about 110 volts. “He is lucky to be alive,” Fail told.

Source by: Internet

Check Also

Apple to launch iPhone production in Bangalore, India

Friday, 24 March 2017 The company will begin manufacturing the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s …

iPhone8大改款 售價可能要變貴了

高階智慧手機的價格持續攀升! 科技網站預測,新一代iPhone價格可能突破USD 1,000,三星的Galaxy S8售價也可能提高到799歐元。 市場推估新款 iPhone 售價將會上漲的原因,包括採用窄邊框設計,加大了玻璃面積,同時採用OLED,加上升級的快閃記憶體,使得整體成本明顯上揚;同樣改用窄邊框設計的Galaxy S8,也因為相同的理由,加上增加虹膜辨識、更多的安全檢測程序,使得成本高於前一代。 以目前售價最高的iPhone 7 plus 256GB版本來看,其實美國的未稅價格為969美元,如果新一代iPhone的螢幕如市場傳言,比iPhone 7 plus還大,價格突破1,000美元,其實並不令人意外。 由於新iPhone較前一代有較大改版,良率的爬升可能需要更長時間,因此外傳蘋果將提前生產新一代iPhone。 …

Leave a Reply

WooCommerce Themes Free