Monday , 21 June 2021
Home / Entertainment / ‘The Conjuring 3’ likely to happen, James Wan might not direct
1
Director of the movie James Wan poses at the premiere of "The Conjuring" at the Cinerama Dome in Los Angeles, California July 15, 2013. The movie opens in the U.S. on July 19. Reuters/Mario Anzuoni

‘The Conjuring 3’ likely to happen, James Wan might not direct

‘The Conjuring 3’ likely to happen, James Wan might not direct

By Arlene Paredes
 June 28 2016 1:49 PM
 
Director of the movie James Wan poses at the premiere of "The Conjuring" at the Cinerama Dome in Los Angeles, California July 15, 2013. The movie opens in the U.S. on July 19. Reuters/Mario Anzuoni
Director of the movie James Wan poses at the premiere of “The Conjuring” at the Cinerama Dome in Los Angeles, California July 15, 2013. The movie opens in the U.S. on July 19. Reuters/Mario Anzuoni

“The Conjuring 3” movie is not a far-fetched idea considering the success of “The Conjuring” in 2013 and its 2016 sequel, which has so far earned around US$250 million from the box office worldwide. Director James Wan has recently explained why fans could look forward to another horror installment from the Warrens, although he might not be on-board to direct it.

Supernatural specialists Ed and Lorraine Warren have a lot cases, Wan told CinemaBlend. Archives from paranormal investigators and married couple were the basis for both “The Conjuring” movies. So it makes sense for Wan to note that there’s plenty more real life stories for New Line Cinema, should producers go for a third chapter.

The truth from ‘The Conjuring’ director James Wan

Moviegoers have seen some hair-raising horror scenes from “The Conjuring” (2013) and “The Conjuring 2.” While some critics argue that the first movie was more frightening, director Wan definitely succeeded in making many viewers cry for another film.

“The Conjuring” cast lead Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga deserve credit for playing Ed Warren and Lorraine Warren, respectively. Their combined compelling performance is significant to Wan’s overall take on the stories.

Speaking to Collider, Wan said he pushed himself further for “The Conjuring 2.” The renowned filmmaker admitted the sequel was “a lot trickier” than he thought, mostly because the first installment enjoyed praises from both the audience and critics.

“[The pressure] was a good thing because what it ended up doing, ultimately, was that it made me not settle for anything less,” Wan said. On whether he would be willing to direct the third chapter, Wan said he was hoping other filmmakers could pick it up.

“Assuming we are lucky enough to have a third chapter, there are other filmmakers that I would love to sort of continue on the Conjuring world, if we are lucky enough,” he said.

 “The Conjuring 2” is still showing in international cinemas. This second chapter is based on the Enfield Poltergeist case and the Hodgson siblings, as investigated by Ed and Lorraine Warren. History vs Hollywood presents a reel and real life comparison of the stories.

 

Source by:internet

  

Check Also

14

Ten things to do in Japan by Natasha Pulley

Ten things to do in Japan by Natasha Pulley 13 July 2016 The Watchmaker of …

40

Steven Tyler sends support to Joe Perry after he collapsed

Steven Tyler sends support to Joe Perry after he collapsed 12 July 2016 Steven Tyler …

Leave a Reply

WooCommerce Themes Free