Home / Tag Archives: NSC

Tag Archives: NSC

Two localities in Pahang, one in Sabah under EMCO From Sept 23 to Oct 6



PUTRAJAYA: Three localities will be placed under enhanced movement control order (EMCO) beginning Sept 23.

The affected areas are RMDC Sdn Bhd plantation and factory at Bukit Koman in Raub and Kampung Baru Cenderawasih in Pekan, Pahang as well as Felda Umas 6 staff quarters in Kalabakan, Sabah.

The EMCO will take effect for 14 days until Oct 6, said the National Security Council.

The NSC also announced that the EMCO placed on Kampung Suglang Baru in Tenom and Kampung Rapak in Ranau, both in Sabah, would be lifted.


Read More »

Plan to allow football fans back in stadiums submitted to NSC, says Ahmad Faizal



KUALA LUMPUR: Football fans could be making a return to stadiums to watch matches again, says Datuk Seri Ahmad Faizal Azumu.

The Youth and Sports Minister said a plan had been sent to the National Security Council to allow football fans to fill stadium terraces once again.

"We are working on the details and have some proposals. Perhaps, we will soon be able to enjoy the Malaysia Cup live.

"However, the reopening has to be done with strict standard operating procedures (SOP). So supporters must ensure they abide by these SOPs.

"This is in line with our motto of 'Reopening Safely'," said Ahmad Faizal at a press conference in Parliament on Tuesday (Sept 21).

The Malaysia Cup tournament is scheduled to begin on Sunday (Sept 26).

Read More »

NSC DG: High bed utilisation among reasons why Kedah, Johor in Phase One of NRP



KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): The high rate of hospital beds being used in Kedah and Johor is one of the factors why the two states have not moved to Phase Two of the National Recovery Plan (NRP) despite having a high percentage of their adult population vaccinated, says National Security Council (NSC) director-general Datuk Rodzi Md Saad (pic).

He said that this included Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds and added that people in these states should be aware of the importance of adhering to standard operating procedures (SOP) as well as security protocols.

"No point in questioning why we haven’t moved to the next phase when the people’s compliance with the SOP is not up to the mark. It all depends on the people,” he said.

He s

Read More »

EMCO in two localities in Pahang and Sabah from Sept 19-Oct 2



KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): Kampung Sungai Padi in the Telang sub-district in Lipis, Pahang and Kampung Air in Beluran, Sabah will come under the enhanced movement control order (MCO) from this Sunday (Sept 19) until Oct 2.

National Security Council (NSC) director-general Datuk Rodzi Md Saad said the decision was made after the Health Ministry’s presentation on risk assessment as well as Covid-19 infection trends.

"The standard operating procedures (SOP) for the enhanced MCO is like previously announced," he said in a statement posted on Facebook Friday (Sept 17).

Meanwhile, he said the enhanced MCO in Taman Samudera, Seri Manjung in Manjung, Perak, which was supposed to end tomorrow, has been extended until Oct 2.

There is good news, however,

Read More »

Hisham: Immigration asked to review categories of applications without applying via ‘MyTravelPass’



KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): The Immigration Department has been asked to review the categories of applications heading overseas that can be granted permission directly, without having to apply through “MyTravelPass”.

Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussien said the directive was issued by the National Security Council (NSC) following the Pandemic Management Special Committee Meeting on Wednesday (Sept 15), after taking into account public feedback and views on the MyTravelPass programme.

The Immigration Department will present the proposal to the NSC’s Covid-19 Technical Committee, he said in a statement here.

There are five categories of people who do not need to apply for approval through MyTravelPass to go overseas, namely diplomats and Malaysian E

Read More »

EMCO extended in four areas in Pahang until Oct 1



KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): The enhanced movement control order (MCO) in four areas in Pahang, which include Orang Asli villages, that were supposed to end on Friday (Sept 17) has been extended until Oct 1, says the National Security Council (NSC).

Its director-general Datuk Rodzi Md Saad said the Orang Asli villages in Temerloh that are affected are Kampung Kuala Terbol, Kampung Pian and Kampung Lubok Wong, while the other locality is the Penor Prison in Kuantan.

Rodzi also announced that the enhanced MCO in several areas in Sabah, Kelantan and Pahang would end tomorrow as scheduled.

In Sabah, the areas involved are Taman Keramat and the Angkasa Apartment in Kota Kinabalu, while the affected areas in Kelantan are the two Orang Asli Pos Blau villages in

Read More »