KUALA LUMPUR: Bukit Aman has not received any report of an alleged USD6mil (RM25mil) theft involving an individual that was previously being investigated by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).
Bukit Aman CID director Comm Datuk Seri Abd Jalil Hassan said he was aware that the viral news also claimed that three MACC officers were remanded for the theft.
"We have not received any police report pertaining to the alleged incident.
"We advise the public to be responsible social media users and avoid spreading unverified news or information," he said in a statement on Monday (Sept 20).
Stern action will be taken against those spreading fake news, he added.
A report in an online blog claimed that three MACC officers were remandRead More »