KOTA KINABALU: Efforts to vaccinate the people of Sabah will go on despite the closure of some vaccination centres (PPV), says state Covid-19 immunisation programme operations director Datuk Shahelmey Yahya (pic).
Shahelmy, who is also state Community Development and People’s Wellbeing Minister and Sabah Health exco member, said that in view of this, there was no issue about access to vaccines.
At present, 16 PPV are still operational state-wide in areas still in need of such facilities, he said in a statement on Monday (Oct 18).
“For areas that no longer have PPV, vaccination administration will be done at the nearest health clinics,” he added.
It was reported earlier that activity in Sabah PPV is slowing, with the assumption that most adults in urban areas have been vaccinated.
According to a statement issued by Sabah Covid-19 spokesman Datuk Seri Masidi Manjun, 1.98 million individuals representing 71.8% of the adult population in Sabah have been fully inoculated as of Friday (Oct 15).
For the adolescent group, 189,902 or 45% of the population have been fully vaccinated.
Shahelmey also said that recipients of the single-dose CanSino vaccine are allowed to enter business premises after the stipulated period from the date of vaccination.
“There are no problems with CanSino recipients entering premises to conduct dealings, but it must be 28 days after the date they were inoculated,” he added.