Home / Business / Opcom partners Global Forway in 5G push

Opcom partners Global Forway in 5G push

KUALA LUMPUR: Opcom Holdings Bhd has entered into a joint venture with Global Forway Sdn Bhd to combine their capabilities in bidding for jobs in the 5G sector.

It said in a Friday statement that the collaboration will be formalised through a newly incorporated company, Opcom Vision Sdn Bhd, in which Opco will hold a 60% equity interest and Global Forway, the remaining 40%.

Opcom said it is currently the largest manufacturer of fibre optic cables in Malaysia with a 27-year track record in supplying fibre optic cables to the Malaysian telecommunications industry.

The group also provides related engineering services and holds a G7 certificate from CIDB.

Global Forway meanwhile holds network facilities provider (NFP), network service provider (NSP) and application service provider (ASP) licences from the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission as well as a G7 certificate from CIDB.

“The government has clearly demonstrated its focus towards preparing Malaysia to be a high-technology based economy through various initiatives and policies such as those set out in the 12th Malaysia Plan, the Malaysia Digital Economy Blueprint as well as Jendela.

“This push toward digitalisation however would require improving the nation’s 4G coverage and accelerating the roll-out of 5G. In this respect, we see various opportunities for us to contribute toward the government’s digital aspirations for the country,” said Opcom chairman Datuk Mazlin Junid.

He added that the collaboration will combine the capabilities of Opcom and Global Forway to offer comprehensive solutions encompassing the netire spectrum from the supply of fiber optic cables and installation of infrastructure and maintenance to designing software applications.

Global Forway group chairman Datuk Sri Vincent Gey added that Opcom’s experience in manufacturing and installation of fibre optic cables coupled with its licences and capabilities in network services puts it in an enviable position to bid for contracts of different scopes under Jendela and the roll out of 5G.



Source link

Leave a Reply