Monday, 11 July 2016
It was almost the worst night of Cristiano Ronaldo’s career – but in the end it turned out to be one of the best.
As Portugal beat France 1-0 in extra-time to win Euro 2016 without his help, here’s the story of Ronaldo’s night – injury, moths and all – told in pictures.
1. He warmed up, surrounded by moths.
2. He got knocked down.
3. A moth landed on he face.
4. He went off on a stretcher.
5. He tried out being a coach.
6. He celebrated.
7. He took his shirt off, because of course he did.
8. He lifted the trophy.