In the new digital era, organizations rely on cybersecurity to protect themselves, enable trust, move faster, add value, and grow. As the volume and sophistication of cyberattacks rises, organizations are experiencing a significant shortage of IT professionals with cybersecurity skills.
To help close this security skills gap, we are introducing the Global Cybersecurity Scholarship 2016 program. This two-year program is set to increase the pool of talent with critical cybersecurity proficiency.
We have also enhanced our security certification portfolio with a new Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Cyber Ops certification and a revised Cisco CCIE Security certification.
We will offer training, mentoring, and certification designed to hone the skills needed in the security operations center (SOC) analyst job role. The new CCNA Cyber Ops certification and the CCIE Security revisions are designed to address the critical skills deficit, providing the job-ready knowledge needed to meet current and future challenges of network security.
Apply for the Scholarship
Take the first step today toward a rewarding career in cybersecurity. Partner with Cisco and become one of the talented cybersecurity professionals now in high demand in nearly all industries.
Timeline: Scholarship awards are available from August 1, 2016, until the end of July 2017.
Scholarship Award Details
– The instructor-led e-learning training consists of two courses and two assessments, along with mentoring and coaching, representing a significant monetary investment in your career.
– The value of a standard instructor-led course offering from an Authorized Cisco Learning Partner is equivalent to several thousand U.S. dollars.
– Mentoring and exam preparation are included.
– The cost of all exam fees is included.
To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must have these qualifications:
– At least 18 years old
– English proficiency
Basic competency (one or more of the following):
– Cisco certification (Cisco CCENT certification or higher)
– Relevant industry certification [(ISC)2, CompTIA Security+, EC-Council, GIAC, ISACA] – Cisco Networking Academy letter of completion (CCNA 1 and CCNA 2)
– At least three years of combined experience in approved U.S. military job roles
– Windows expertise: Microsoft (Microsoft Specialist, MCSA, MCSE), CompTIA (A+, Network+, Server+).
– Linux expertise: CompTIA (Linux+), Linux Professional Institute (LPI) certification, Linux
Foundation (LCFS, LCFE), Red Hat (RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA), Oracle Linux (OCA, OCP)
– Planning a career in IT cybersecurity
– Prepared to complete training in three months
– Willing to share a success story
For more information on the scholarships and application procedures, please visit Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship website.
Source by: Internet