Wednesday , 19 September 2018
Home / Sports / Bouhanni sues after fight ends Tour bid

Bouhanni sues after fight ends Tour bid

Tuesday, 5 July 2016

French cyclist Nacer Bouhanni prepares to take the start of the French cycling championships on June 26, 2015 in Vesoul, eastern France
French cyclist Nacer Bouhanni prepares to take the start of the French cycling championships on June 26, 2015 in Vesoul, eastern France

French cyclist Nacer Bouhanni, also a reputed amateur boxer, is suing four men over a late night hotel fight that saw him miss the Tour de France with a hand injury.

The fight started when Bouhanni complained about noise and resulted in the 25-year-old Cofidis sprinter needing surgery.

The incident took place two weeks ago ahead of the French national championships and his team Cofidis said at the time that the rider had been “assaulted by drunken people”.

French judicial authorities have confirmed a complaint has been filed, although Bouhanni himself did not wish to comment in a telephone interview with AFP.

In early June, when winning the opening stage of the Criterium du Dauphine, Bouhanni dedicated his success to deceased boxing legend Muhammad Ali.

“It’s important for me to dedicate this victory to Muhammad Ali,” said Bouhanni at the time, who took up boxing at six years of age, although his hero back then was another American heavyweight great, Mike Tyson.

Source by: AFP

Check Also

Five-time champ Duncan retires after 19 glorious seasons

Tuesday, 12 July 2016 San Antonio Spurs star power forward Tim Duncan, one of the …

NBA Warriors’ Green arrested for minor assault: report

Tuesday, 12 July 2016 Golden State Warriors star Draymond Green, who is expected to represent …

Leave a Reply

WooCommerce Themes Free
X