MOFA Taiwan Fellowship 2016
Sponsored by: Ministry of Foreign Affairs Republic of China (TAIWAN)
|Deadline||30 June 2016|
|Organisation Type||Government Agencies|
|Study Local or Abroad?||International|
The Taiwan Fellowship is established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) to award foreign experts and scholars interested in researches related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, Asia-Pacific region and Chinese studies to conduct advanced research at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan. The Taiwan Fellowship, echoing the APEC Scholarship Initiative, provides 12 Chinese Taipei APEC Fellowship openings per year exclusively for scholars and experts from developing APEC economies. The application process will begin in May 2016, and recipients will begin their research in Taiwan in January 2017.
- Monthly grants are paid at the beginning of every month.
- Professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate research fellows: NT$60,000.
- Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, doctoral program students, and other candidates recommended by ROC (Taiwan) missions: NT$50,000.
- One round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan (not applicable to those already doing research in Taiwan. The subsidy will be decided by MOFA in accordance with the relevant regulations).
- The terms of fellowship are three to 12 months.
- Accident insurance (plus a medical insurance for accidental injuries) coverage of NT$1 million.
- Applicants shall be foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, doctoral program students, or same-level research fellows from academic institutions abroad who specialize in social sciences or humanities related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, the Asia Pacific, or other aspects of Chinese studies.
- Applicants recommended by ROC (Taiwan) overseas missions with a field of study on Taiwan’s foreign relations or cross-strait relations.
- For more information, please visit Taiwan Fellowship official website:http://taiwanfellowship.ncl.edu.tw/
- Fellowship administrator: Center for Chinese Studies at National Central Library:http://ccs.ncl.edu.tw/
- Contact person: Mr. Robert Lin
Tel: +886-2-2361-9132 #317
May 1 to June 30, 2016
Sources by : internet